Throughout this project, the MBL team want to test several hypotheses. We’ll be checking in on these regularly.
– Does working in the open help or hinder effective decision-making?
– When does working in the open help? When does working in the open hinder?
– How do you give up power effectively when working in collaboration?
– How do you give up power effectively when involving users?
– Does involving users in the process allow more relevant solutions to be built?
– When is it most important to involve users? When is too early/too late?
– How do we balance individual needs with the needs of communities/society?
– How can we best involve users? / What does a high-quality approach look like?
– How do you co-design user experience? How can we best value their time and expertise?
– How do you facilitate a culture of learning?
– What is a good culture of learning? How do you know if you have one?
– When and why do digital solutions help young people to navigate services?
– What norms and behaviour are you encouraging or incentivising over time?